Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

So what is the catch with vboot?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: So what is the catch with vboot?
#4254
So what is the catch with vboot? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
With this release there were NO T&C

What does it mean? The software if FREE (for home or commercial use?), trial (with some expiry date?), shareware

Explanation would be great

Seb
sebus
Expert Boarder
Posts: 141
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#4261
Re: So what is the catch with vboot? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 52
Current trial version has the following features disabled:

(1) differencing disk, i.e., snapshot
(2) VDI/VMDK vbooting
(3) disk encryption
admin
Moderator
Posts: 2350
graph
User Offline
Gender: Male
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#4262
Re: So what is the catch with vboot? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
admin wrote:
Current trial version has the following features disabled:

(1) differencing disk, i.e., snapshot
(2) VDI/VMDK vbooting
(3) disk encryption

Is Vboot trial timebombed?
supaJ
Junior Boarder
Posts: 30
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#4263
Re: So what is the catch with vboot? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
supaJ wrote:
admin wrote:
Current trial version has the following features disabled:

(1) differencing disk, i.e., snapshot
(2) VDI/VMDK vbooting
(3) disk encryption



1) Is Vboot trial timebombed?
2) Isn't VHD differencing a VHD characteristic. Do we need VBOOT to do that?
supaJ
Junior Boarder
Posts: 30
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#4264
Re: So what is the catch with vboot? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 52
I need to double check about trial perriod. As for (2), yes, diferencing is a feature from VHD spec, but it needs code to support that. We disabled those code in current release.

Our full release will have license docs, and more documentations, and abou trial limitations, etc.

This 1.0 32-bit release is mainly for guys like you who have been waiting for so long.
admin
Moderator
Posts: 2350
graph
User Offline
Gender: Male
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#4273
Re: So what is the catch with vboot? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
admin wrote:
I need to double check about trial perriod. As for (2), yes, diferencing is a feature from VHD spec, but it needs code to support that. We disabled those code in current release.

Our full release will have license docs, and more documentations, and abou trial limitations, etc.

This 1.0 32-bit release is mainly for guys like you who have been waiting for so long.

I can confirm the differencing feature is not yet enable in VBoot. I created one a few minutes ago and it did not boot.

VBoot is time bomb. As to when the bomb will explode I don't know. But I can confirmed that it will stop working after a period of time and that you will experience a BSOD(STOP: 0x0000012F) when booting after it has expired. What a pity - after all that testing. I am no longer motivated.
supaJ
Junior Boarder
Posts: 30
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/11/18 14:00 By supaJ.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
Go to topPage: 12