Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

rPlay beta bug reports and feedbacks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1...567891011...103
TOPIC: rPlay beta bug reports and feedbacks
Re:rPlay beta bug reports and feedbacks 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi,

Thanks for email. There is my feedback, where i'm looking for help

First, configuration :
- Raspberry model B (512mo)
- iPad 3 iOs 6.1.2 (without JB) / iPhone 4S iOs 6.1.2 (WITH JB)

Optionnal :
- TV Sony (HDMI)
- Sound Logitech Z5500
- Configure Raspberry via SSh on iMac

Installation Step : After some dependencies troubles, I install (some minutes befores) rPlay with success.

Code:

pi@raspbmc:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/rplay start
[ ok ] Starting rplay:.
pi@raspbmc:~$ ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.front
*** WARNING *** The program 'rplay' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=rplay>

I read those messages isn't important ?

Well, now, I try to go on <IP>:7100/admin and ask user/password. Unfortunetly, admin/admin doesn't work and I can't enter licence key. I think this is my first problem.

In spite of unlicensed, I can run youtube for example and share screen on my TV. Video and Sound work great.
BUT Xmbc still running on my Pi ... So I got 2 softs in same time with "transparency". I guess I have to stop XBMC when using rPlay. How to stop XBMC ??

Last question, Can we display Constantly iPad screen on TV ? For play for exemple ?

Thanks for help, keep trying beta
C2c
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:rPlay beta bug reports and feedbacks 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Installed fine. License Key setup and still no video. I am thinking if its a problem with some config. I am able to see the Raspi desktop over HDMI though. Audio working.
terasain
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

A little more success today using RaspBMC. I think my DD-WRT router was interfering yesterday. Fresh copy of RaspBMC

I had to install using

sudo apt-get install -f libao-dev avahi-utils libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libva-dev

to get all dependencies

Tried to install rplay, but it refused to run until I also installed youtube-dl,

Removed rplay (dpkg -r rplay) and installed youtube-dl again using the -f flag to get all dependencies.

Reinstalled rplay,

rplay mirroring then worked (video only, no audio) over the RaspBMC skin, but was transparent. Was able to exit RaspBMC to command line and all was fine; rplay dropped every min or 2, but using the admin interface to stop and start, then was ok.

OSX Lion + iPad2 mirrored ok, no joy with iPhone 4S. No sound with either; tried with headphones too.

BBC iPlayer & Netflix were unable to send video. Photos app worked really well, very fast.
Mike Thrussell
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:rPlay beta bug reports and feedbacks 5 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Hello,

now my experiences:

1)IPad1: No mirroring but diashow of photos ist OK. The installed GoodReader can't do
mirroring (Button in the app is not enabled, although IPad1 recognizes rplay(raspberry).
=> I think it works very well

2)IPad mini: Mirroring runs without problems. Everything is fine and working. Good job.
Sound (with earphones) doesn't work.

3)Airparrot (on MacOS 10.8.4): Mirroring doesn't work at all. Connection cannot be established

airplay connection init(conn=0x286c468)
... and after a short while (2 - 3 seconds)
airplay connection destroy(conn=0x286c468)

Sorry, Airparrot doesn't work at all. Any ideas about this topic?
You wrote a new version of rplay solves this problem. not so for me...

Samsung Galaxy S Plus: No mirroring with app "Play to Lite".

I hope you can help me...

Greetings
Helmut
HeliZ
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Fresh install on Raspbian:

This time I executed the following command for the dependencies - seem to cover everything in one go:

sudo apt-get install -f libao-dev avahi-utils libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libva-dev youtube-dl

Mirroring works great on iPad 2 - audio and video. Very little lag.

MacBook Pro 2011 OSX Lion - good video, no audio.

iPhone 4S (I tried 2 of these) no joy at all for some reason.

Unfortunately, iPlayer and Netflix are unable to send video from iPad. If that could be included, then this would be fantastic.

If iPhone 4S worked, I would buy another Pi just for the audio - it was VERY smooth, no lag. Significantly better than either RaspBMC's or OpenElec's Airplay functionality. Well done!

Thanks,

Mike
Mike Thrussell
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hi,

Installed rPlay on fresh raspbian installation.

iPad3 (iOS 6.1.2) and iPhone5 (6.1.2) mirroring worked fine, although some issues:
- ipad only works in landscape (i'm guessing the resolution when rotated is a bit too weird for rplay to handle, as iphone5 works fine either way)
- "second display" mirroring does not work - there are apps that use the airplay screen as a second screen (iTeleport, games)
- when switching to video mode (youtube videos for example), sometimes it freezes and does not play. mirroring option works but that's not supposed to be like that (sound and video are de-synced)
- mirroring from mountain lion is not working (sadly )

Is this going to be available in x86 form?
zipleen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/08/04 15:32 By zipleen.

Go to topPage: 1...567891011...103