Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

I need so much help for Win 7 VMLite xp mode!!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: I need so much help for Win 7 VMLite xp mode!!!!
I need so much help for Win 7 VMLite xp mode!!!! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I've been at this for hours. I've read and reread the forums on installing and unistalling VM Lite Workstation to Virtual box. There is a link the moderator puts in to tell you if you already have VM Lite to unistall workstation and then rename a folder. I can not figure out for the life of me what this folder you're supposed to rename is, since you just unistalled the VM Lite.

www.vmlite.com/index.php/forums/13-annou...-virtualbox-released

Then you're supposed to download the Virtual box and plug-in, but I'm assuming since I can't figure out what the folder that I'm supposed to rename is, that this is why I can't get it to work at all.

I'm trying to be able to use some of my old gadgets that worked on Win Xp on Win 7 64 bit. This has been a nightmare and I've spent days, probably even weeks on this. I then stumbled upon this program and thought my prayers were answered. And here I am, it's 5:30 pm and where has the day gone.

Can someone please tell me which folder I'm supposed to rename? And then do I need to reinstall the Virtual box and plug in? Then where do I go from there to get the program to run? I was thinking it was running the wizard. Is this correct?

Help!!!! Windows 7 has been nothing short of a nightmare!!! Thank you.
sumsmiles
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I need so much help for Win 7 VMLite xp mode!!!! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 52
If you don't have any old vmlite xp mode Virtual Machines, you don't need to rename any folder. In any case, the folder is something like c:\users\your-login-name\VMLites(replace your-login-name with your real login name, you can figure out the login name by opening Document folder, the parent folder is your login folder). If you have this folder, then run cmd.exe to rename it to .VirtualBox. (ren c:\users\your-login-name\VMLites c:\users\your-login-name\.VirtualBox)
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: I need so much help for Win 7 VMLite xp mode!!!! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
So then I need to download Virtual Box first, then the plug-in and that's it? After that, start up the the wizard and that should be it? Is this correct? Thank you for the response!
sumsmiles
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: I need so much help for Win 7 VMLite xp mode!!!! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 52
yes, that's correct.

Install VirtualBox, then VMLite Plugin, then Launch VMLite Wizard, follow the steps to create the first XP Mode vm
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: I need so much help for Win 7 VMLite xp mode!!!! 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
So I was able to get it up and running and now I'm running into an error message for the device:
VM Lite Error:
Failed to usb device to virtual machine VM Lite XP mode. And that the device is busy with a previous request. Try again later.

It will show up as a device in the headings but then when I try to start it, I get this message. Ahhhhh.
Thanks for your help.
sumsmiles
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I got this error, too. Then try to reboot the host, a couple of times, then it may work
admin
graph
User Offline

Go to topPage: 12