Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problem to install VMLite Xp Mode: Failed to extract tre msi file
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Problem to install VMLite Xp Mode: Failed to extract tre msi file
Re:Problem to install VMLite Xp Mode: Failed to extract tre msi file 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Thanks, I resolved the problem too. Finaly, I had to create a virtual disk... I didn't knew how to do that, but I saw on another forum that I should download another file to do that. It's done and it works... Sorry for my bad english

thanks a lot
typofixo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem to install VMLite Xp Mode: Failed to extract tre msi file 9 Years ago Karma: 0
Sorry,

I have the same problem. I have an original MS XP Professional SP 3 operating-system-CD.

When I specify the path I refer to the CD :\setup.exe and I get the known error "failed to extract the msi file"

My system is Windows 7, 32 Bit, Home Premium (so it is not possible to download the XP from Microsoft, therefor I bought the original XP CD).

Because I am no computer expert (and a woman!), I would appreciate an easy to follow step by step help very much!

Thanks for any help!
Heike
Biene38
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Problem to install VMLite Xp Mode: Failed to extract tre msi file 9 Years ago Karma: 52
no, you can't import setup.exe. If you use a xp cdrom, you will have to install the virtual machine from the cdrom.

This article has more info:

sudeeptaganguly.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...-vmlite-workstation/

It's a bit more work. After a vm is running, you will need to install Guest Additions.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re:Problem to install VMLite Xp Mode: Failed to extract tre msi file 9 Years ago Karma: 0
I can't open VMLiteWorkstationSetup.exe
I wait about 1 hour but the setup still not start
what I must to do?
ash sifuart
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Thanks for your help.

What does it mean: "...you will need to install Guest Additions"? How can this be done? And when do I have to use OS XP-CD?

Sorry for asking perhaps silly questions!

Heike
Biene38
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Problem to install VMLite Xp Mode: Failed to extract tre msi file 9 Years ago Karma: 52
once you have your own xp vm working, you can click the top menu bar, click Devices, then click Install Guest Additions .... If all goes well, a setup program will appear inside the vm, and you keep click Next to finish it.

If somehow it does not work , a cdrom will appear inside the vm, and you can open it, then launch the exe.

there is some info on our help file as for installing guest additions.

Once guest additions is installed, you may want to add shared folders to the vm, so you can access folders on your host. Again go to Devices menu, click Shared Folders, add your C:\ drive, for example, as c.

now inside vm, you need to map a network folder to the host folders you have configured.

the path is \\.host\sfs to put in Map Network Drive... wizard
admin
graph
User Offline

Go to topPage: 12