Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Using Ubuntu
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Using Ubuntu
Using Ubuntu 9 Years ago Karma: 0
Please don't flame me if I'm doing this in the wrong topic. I want to use Ubuntu in VMLite and can't seem to figure it out? Is it possible? If so, what are the steps? I'm not a noob to computers, but this is all new stuff.

I put xp on VMLite, and will never go back. Amazing.

Rick
mofopo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Using Ubuntu 9 Years ago Karma: 52
Yes, you can install other OS into VMLite, for example, Linux, Google Chrome OS and other flavors of Windows. You need to go to VMLite Workstation menu Machine > New VM ... (2nd option)

Once you start the new vm, it will ask you to mount a CD/DVD, you can assign the Ubuntu iso at that time, and proceed with normal installation of Ubuntu.

For Linux guest, you can use VirtualBox's guest additions ISO, as we haven't provided a packaged additions for Linux guest yet.

If demands are high, we might provide a "Ubuntu Mode", similar to XP Mode, on Windows.
admin
graph
User Offline

Re: Using Ubuntu 9 Years ago Karma: 0
Got Ubuntu working, thank you. How can I get the mouse to go outside the Ubuntu desktop?

The reason that I'm trying to get this working. (for one thing) is to get it to interact with wdtv live.

Rick
mofopo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Re: Using Ubuntu 9 Years ago Karma: 52
You need to install the guest additions for Linux.

You can download the following package
(This is from Sun's PUEL package, we have permission to re-distribute it)

www.vmlite.com/download/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso

After download, add this ISO to the CD/DVD images of the Virtual Media Manager, then mount it to the Ubuntu VM, and click autorun.sh

Once the guest additions is installed, you will have smooth mouse movement, and other integrations.
admin
graph
User Offline

Go to topPage: 1