Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Also in Beta-version XP Mode begins starting without any audio supporting, when starting directly from Windows
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Also in Beta-version XP Mode begins starting without any audio supporting, when starting directly from Windows
Also in Beta-version XP Mode begins starting without any audio supporting, when starting directly from Windows 7 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,
the problem, being bei mir described under
www.vmlite.com/index.php?option=com_kune...catid=9&id=10952
occurs also in Beta-version of VMLite Workstation.

After some time of using, a XP Mode machin begins also to start permanently without any audio supporting, when starting directly von Windows via the XP Mode icon, as follows

"C:\Program Files\VMLite\VMLite Workstation\RunDll32.exe" vmlitert.dll,StartVmAsDesktopMode "VMLite XP Mode"

The same machin being started via the Main Panel of VMLite Workstation is starting correctly, with whole audio supporting.

It seems, that in course of time anything will goes damaged in the concrete XP Mode machine, but not in the whole Workstation and also not in VHD-file, because:

1. Another machin being created in the same Work Station works correctly.
2. When I create a new machine using the same VHD-file, this machine starts correctly,too.

What happens with the concrete "place" in the Work Station and how can I repair that in the WMLite configuration without the necessity of creating of a new XP Mode machin ?

Thanks for any aid,
regards - glen67
glen67
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/07/27 03:12 By glen67.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Also in Beta-version XP Mode begins starting without any audio supporting, when starting directly from Windows 7 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,
a small correcture:

once started via the the Work Station panel, the corrupt machin starts correct again 2 till 3 times directly from Windows, but thereafter begins to start without any audio supporting again.
Anything seems to be false overwritten in the start configuration.

glen67
glen67
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Also in Beta-version XP Mode begins starting without any audio supporting, when starting directly from Windows 7 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 86
Can you check the Audio node on right panel of VMLite Workstation?

change it to Windows DirectSound and ICH AC97
huisinro
graphgraph

Re:Also in Beta-version XP Mode begins starting without any audio supporting, when starting directly from Windows 7 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear huisinro,
thank you very much for yor answer.

But in the Audio node on right panel of VMLite Workstation is standing always "Windows DirectSound and ICH AC97 ".

But what I have newly found:

When I restore my OS to a previous state, XP Mode is starting correctly with whole audio support again.

Restoring the OS to a previous state should change the Windows data and settings only, not the applications data.
So, I think, that VMLite writes some time anything wrong to a Windows module or a file, being rsponsible for direct starting of XP Mode machin and is making this module/file anyway corrupt.

What can it be and what is to do, to prevent it ?

Regards-glen67
glen67
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/07/28 15:01 By glen67.

Go to topPage: 1